What to do when you have an appointment
- Ensure that you have a valid referral from your GP
- Bring identity documentation including Medicare, Concession and Private Insurance cards
- Bring all previous imaging CDs and films as relevant
- Wear comfortable clothing and appropriate under garments as the doctor may need to ask you to derobe for examination of your shoulder or knee.
- It is advised that ladies kindly wear a singlet if the shoulder is the primary concern as it enables Dr Gupta to easily examine the joint.
- Shorts are advised to be worn if the knee joint is the source of concern.
- Bring a list of all medications that you take.
- Please make a list of all your queries; concerns that you may want addressed by the doctors. Research has shown that during a consult most patients forget the key questions they wanted to ask the doctor!
During the Interview
- Ask all questions that you may have regarding the condition / operation
- Bring a family member or close friend if you feel the need for support
- Tell the doctor if you are taking any blood thinning medications as this may need to be stopped or changed prior to your surgery
- Tell the doctor if you have any allergies or medical problems (including Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Cardiac issues)
- The doctor may discuss risks of non operative vs operative management and you may be consented for an operation if needed.
- Ask again to clarify any doubts.
- Standard Consult $200
- Review Consult $100
- Extended Consult / Second Opinion $250
Injections and other procedures occur an additional charge.
Physiotherapy/ Hand Therapy : Patients will incur a charge as quoted by the therapist.
Splints/ Braces : May be purchased from Advance Therapy.